Monday, August 4, 2008

Losing my weekend morning caregiver...

On Friday evening my weekend morning caregiver called and said that she went into the hospital for some tests and they decided to keep her overnight or more tests.  They thought that they had a tubal pregnancy but it turns out that it was not a tubal pregnancy but she is pregnant, about eight weeks.  Her and her husband have been trying to get pregnant for a while so I am really happy for her but that means that I need to find another morning weakened caregiver.  She said that her sister would come in and work for her on Saturday but since she worked for me all week I didn't think it was fair to have her work on the weekends as well so I told her not to worry about it and I would just stay in bed but that I have plans for Sunday so I did need to get up, her sister came on Sunday.

Sunday I went to the art and wine Festival downtown with Cassie and her mother, they are really fun to hang out with.  Of course the first thing that we did when we got there was eat.  They had a stuffed artichoke booth and that sounds good to all of us so we stopped there.  I had a shrimp and crab stuffed artichoke and although it sounds kind of wierd it tasted really good, they put thousand island dressing on it.  They also had shrimp and crab french fries, also with thousand islands dressing and garlic french fries... I just love Santa Cruz.  I had just eaten a big bowl of fruit so I wasn't very hungry but I wanted to try it.  Cassie's little brother dropped his on the ground so I gave him mine.  I also noticed that they had calamari and chips so I was going to try that and then funnel cake before I left but I just wasn't hungry, the heat was starting to get to me.  I did buy a really pretty skirt, a top to match and a scarf and then we decided to go downtown and check out some stores.  I had already taken off my longsleeve shirt , of course I didn't put any sunscreen on, and I can already feel my neck and my shoulders burning so I decided that I had better go home.

Sunday evening we went out to dinner with Lee and Claudia, Bill and Vernetta and my uncle and aunt.  The Chinese food that would usually go to was closed so we tried a Mexican restaurant downtown, the food was awesome and everybody loved it so we found a new place to eat.

Heather has been really busy with weddings, reunions, company picnics and other occasions so I haven't seen her very much, she said it's always like this during the summer.  She made me a really good stew, some wraps, salads and a bunch of other stuff to hold me over.  She came by tonight and made me a filet with a shittake mushroom sauce, the filet was so tender it just melted in my mouth... it was like eating silk, eggplant with cauliflower and her famous roasted red potatos and herbs that I love so much.  She's going to be busy for a few more days but she said she would come by on Wednesday and make salmon and spinach for me, sometimes I just feel like I live in a fine food restaurant.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry about the caregiver, but happy that she and her husband are going to have a baby :)

all that food sounds delicious! I never had calamari and chips, but they sound delicious!!

seemed like a fun festival!!

I bet you will find a caregiver soon; I would think in this day and age of jobs being hard to find and people sometimes needing a part-time job in addition to their full-time job, someone might want a chance to earn some extra money.

betty

Anonymous said...

Wine & artichokes sound perfect to me, but I like them with just a bit of cheese & butter.

Errr this entry made me very hungry :-)

~Mary

Anonymous said...

You do so many exciting things! busy, busy...always on the go. i love that about you, and love reading about it :)
~Cathy