Thursday, August 21, 2008

Running into old friends...

Yesterday Corinne and I decided to spend the day at the boardwalk.  I felt kind of bad and I wished that she had somebody to go on the rides with but she said she didn't mind going by herself, the only ride she wanted somebody to go on with was the log ride.  Eventually she did find somebody so I think she got to do everything that she wanted to do.  We ended up coming home early because I was getting overheated, in the late part of the day there's just no shade at the boardwalk.  I was waiting for Corinne at one of the rides and I heard somebody say "hello Tammie" I looked over and saw a familiar face but I didn't recognize who she was, she had sunglasses on.  She said " It's Kimmy Anderson".  When I was in eighth grade and living in the Santa Cruz Mountains we were really good friends.  We have had to eighth grade reunions and I got to see her and talk to her again.  She is such a nice lady and I hope we run into each other again.  She was with her daughter and I tried to talk them into going on the log ride with Corinne but her daughter didn't want to go at the time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how neat to run into an old friend!!! I do hope you have a chance to meet up with her again; wow, I didn't realize the boardwalk had rides, I thought it had a roller coaster, but didn't realize there were more than that

betty

Anonymous said...

I love running into old friends. It brings back good memories. I am always curious about what happened to so and so after they graduated. I am glad you had a good time...hugs, Christine