Saturday, March 12, 2005

Gramps 90th Birthday

Today was a great day, it was my grandpa's 90th bihthday.
Most of our close family was here and everybody really
had a great time. His brother Frank and his wife and daughter,
his sister Hazel and for daughter Kathleen, Uncle Dick,
Aunt Kathy, Rich in his kids, Bill and Vernetta,
Mike and Laura, Rich and his wife, George and Julliette,
Stanley and the kids, Chris, Charlie and Terri, Peter and
Angie, my mom and I. My Uncle barbecued prime rib and my
Aint baked some potatoes and everyone else brought a side
dish, there was definitely a lot the food. My grandpa gave
a really touching speech that made me cry and I also noticed
a couple of other people crying. He just got through radiation
at Stanford for his cancer and his tumor and said he felt
better than he had for a long time and he was very happy
to be alive... he hasn't said that for a long. everybody is
going home tomorrow or the next day and my mom will be
movie back to her house and then we'll be here alone again,
I'm going to miss having my mom around even though she lives
right around the corner and usually comes down around 11 p.m.
to check on me anyway.

Tomorrow everybody is going to Santa Cruz to have crab louie
on the warf at Gildas.

No comments: