Sunday, June 19, 2005

Happy Birthday to me

I spent most of my birthday in ER. I have been battling with a sore on the outside of my right ankle that I got from my AFO's. While trying to stay off of that I got a sore on the other side of my butt. I was going to wound care and everything was looking pretty good but for some reason on Saturday morning when I went to take a bath the one on my legs looked a lot worse so we decided I needed to go to ER. My mom was leaving the next day, today, and was nervous about leaving when my sore looked so bad. We got to ER about 7 p.m. and finally got out of there about 2 a.m. and we were both very tired. They gave me some antibiotics, said it really wasn't as bad as we thought and urged me to go back to wound care on Monday. I have an appointment at Valley Medical tomorrow anyway so I will see wound care while I'm there. It just takes such a long time for sores to heal and I'm running out of sites to lay on.

 

I did have a lot of people stopping by, calling me and e-mailing me to wish me a Happy Birthday, that was really nice. And hoping if I stay in bed all weekend I will be able to get up on Tuesday when David comes but he said if not we will stay in and watch movies and order pizza.

No comments: