Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Christmas

Christmas was wonderful. This year it came so fast it was really hard to get into the spirit. I got my tree after Thanksgiving and decorated my house and I love to come in and look at it but I just didn't seem like Christmas this year.

Stanley, Janet, and the kids came down on Sunday evening and we had pizza on Christmas Eve and everyone opened one present that the parents picked out. That was always a tradition with us and I'm finding out that it is more and more popular. When we were younger we got to open one Christmas present on Christmas Eve and it was always pajamas to wear that night and most of the next day.

Since we didn't have much time together we ordered a turkey dinner from Boston Market, it was very disappointing and we won't do that again. The turkey, the mashed potatoes and the corn were good but nothing else was.

As soon as we woke up on Christmas morning it immediately felt like Christmas. The kids trying to wake everybody up early and rushing everyone through breakfast so we could open the rest of the presents. Another tradition we always had was that when everybody woke up Christmas morning we could open up our stockings but we had to wait until after breakfast to open up the rest of the Christmas presents.

I lost my Aunt Jeannie, my sister-in-law has cancer and had to take a radiation pill and stay in a motel room all by herself and my Aunt Kathy found a lump that was fortunately benign.

I slept in late this morning so I decided to just stay in bed and rest. Tomorrow my mom and I are going to go out to dinner and then either Friday or Saturday were going to have some people over for Cribbage game.

No comments: