Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Slowing down

My house is empty again. It seems like I have had family staying here since January. I love having them around and the time always seems to go by too fast, that's why I like this journal, when I miss them I can look back and remember what we did. Kelly and her husband will be back in the middle of next month.

This weekend was pretty relaxing. I still don't have an attendant for Sunday so I have been staying in bed and watching movies. Last Sunday a couple of friends came over to watch a movie and eat a lot, it was really nice and we decided to do it every Sunday. We watched a movie called Million-Dollar Baby. I remember when I came out my aunt asked my brother to make sure that I didn't see it because she thought it would bother me but I thought it was a really good movie, Clint Eastwood looked really old but I guess that's because he is.


Today Lulu is coming in at 7 a.m. to help me trying a new girl so it's going to be a long day for her. I met the girl on Sunday, I cannot remember her name, and I think she's going to work out really nicely. I have an appointment with OT and then it's back home and back in bed so Lulu will have such a long day.

Janet is coming down this weekend to bring Anna so I can meet her. Anna took care of Janet's mother for a couple of years until they had to put her in a care facility. When I first moved in here I was thinking about finding somebody to live in and take care of the House... keeping everything organized, cooking and for backup when my attendants can not make it. Janet says she's a good person and I thought about it for a long time. I like having my house to myself and I like having plenty of extra room when family and friends visit but it will save me a lot of money getting rid of the agency. I finally decided to just meet her and I will either like her or not and that will be the decision.

I just got my chair working and now my van broke, it's always something. I can use it but it's making a lot of noise when you open the door to let down the ramp. I'm going to have to rent a van from Wheelchair Getaways until I can get mine fixed. I was going to rent a full-size van so the people that help me out can get used to driving it because that's what my next van is going to be but they did not have one available.

No comments: