Thursday, May 3, 2007

Georgia vacation

We had so much fun on our trip to Georgia. I was really nervous about the flight but it went just as smoothly as last year. The time difference is a little hard to get used to. On the way they are we left at eleven o'clock and arrived at eight o'clock, on the way back we left at eight thirty and arrived at ten thirty.

David and JohnPatrick picked us up at the airport, we got the rental van and headed for Newnan. The hospital bed and the hoyer lift were already there. This time I got a travel agent and it sure was a lot less stress, she took care of everything and did a really good job.

It was really nice to see Anna Maria and Deziree, it has been a long time. They have such a great family.

Friday was my mom's birthday and at my brother's house in Georgia when it's your birthday you are King/Queen for the day, I want to go there for my birthday. Everything that we did that day was my mom's choice. We went out to dinner at the Olive Garden and it was really nice. Tom and Kelly came to visit and we all got press on tattoos that David's family got my mom for her birthday. I have been watching Miami Inc series on TV and have been thinking about getting a tattoo. Kelly lives in Florida and she said that she would come here and fly with me to Miami, spend a few days because I have never been there and take me to get a tattoo. My mom and my aunt were not at all thrilled so if they don't talk me out of it by February I'm going to do it. Probably just a little one on my ankle.

I finally got to meet Anna Maria's sister-in-law. I know her brother, I have met him several times and we keep in touch on the Internet but his wife works so much I never had a chance to meet her. They are such a neat family and her brother, who has the same name as mine, have a similar personality. They are both very funny and very caring people.

Kelly and Tom arrived on Friday evening, it was so great to have everybody in the living room talking and reminiscing. Kelly and hopefully Tom are going to be here around the middle of the month for a few days.

The last night that we were there my brother made spaghetti and meatballs, I ate so much I thought I was going to bust but they were AWESOME. He also made mashed potatoes because Anna Maria and my mom can't have too much tomatoes because of the acid. He also made sweet tea which is very popular in Georgia and also very good.

Our flight on the way home was at 8:30am so I decided to spend Saturday in bed and get up Saturday evening and spend the evening in my chair so it would not be so much work in the morning to get ready to go to the airport. When I got up in my chair it was not working. my brother tried all evening long to fix it, my brother can fix anything, but he could not figure out what was wrong so he decided to take a couple of days off of work and fly home with us to see if he could figure out what was wrong with it. I have an operation coming up about a week after I get home and if I took my chair to where I usually get it fixed it would take a lot longer and I wouldn't have been able to make it. Of course he  had it fixed within half an hour of his second try, it is usually something pretty simple but time-consuming to figure out. It was nice to have my brother here for a couple of days and really enjoyed his company. There's always little projects around here and my mom's house that he takes care of while he is here.

I think the part that scares me the most about flying is transferring, I have to transfer to an aisle chair and then to the seat in the plane. The way that they are trained to lift you is somebody grabs underneath your knees and somebody else grabs underneath your armpits. It is really painful to have 180 lbs. of dead weight supported by your armpits and your shoulders. My shoulders are sore to begin with and I'm usually in pain for about an hour after they transfer me. My brother devised a sling so that they would be lifting more with my butt and only supporting the shoulders. I was so excited to try and it made everything so much easier, my little brother is a genius.

It sound like in July both of my brothers and their families are going to come down and see the new Harry Potter movie on IMAX and just in time being together.

I'm going Saturday to pick out the flooring and Cabinets for my new house. It is Cinco de Mayo so after that I'm going to go downtown with Lulu and her family for the celebration, her daughters, granddaughters and grandson and nieces and nephews are going to dance and I have been running to see that for a long time.

No comments: