Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Surgery

Tomorrow is the big day. I went in for preop today and my surgery is tomorrow at seven thirty. Unfortunately the anesthesiologist went home early so I have to go in early tomorrow to finish my preop, I have to be there at six a.m. They said I would probably be there until about two p.m. tomorrow afternoon and I'm pretty sure that I won't be doing much the rest of the afternoon. I'm going to have a boxing glove type cast on my right hand/arm for about a week and then a brace so I won't be able to straighten my fingers out all the way for several weeks and then back to rehab. I'm thinking about switching the control on my chair to the left side so I can learn to drive with my left hand, if I can learn to do that it will be a lot easier to reach things since I am right-handed. I just feel sorry for everybody else until I get used to drive a left-handed.

I can't wait to get a break. It seems like everything is just happening all at once... my trip to Georgia, my surgery, the beginning of my house in Santa Cruz being remodeled.

Stanley and Corinne are going to come down on Friday and spend the weekend for Mother's Day, that is so sweet and my mom will love it as will I, I just hope that I'm going to be able to get up and out of bed.

No comments: