Sunday, April 10, 2005

New friend

On Friday I met an online friend, Kevin from Livermore. It was raining really hard so we didn't go anywhere he just came here to check out my place because he sold his house and he's buying a mobile home.

Saturday and today I ended up staying in bed. I'm still nursing a sore on the outside of my right ankle and every time I get up seems to get worse, I think I'm going to have to go to the wound clinic next week. In about an hour my mom and Chris are going to come down and watch The Notebook with me, we have been going to try to watch it for long time. Chris's husband Bill is going to visit with my grandpa while we watch it.

I had my doctor's appointment on Tuesday to see about my back surgery and what a fiasco that was. First of all I almost didn't get in the door because the threshold was too high and the bolt on the bottom of my chair wouldn't go over it, I finally got in. Then their computer ate the CD that had my x-rays on it, it took me all day Monday to get the disk. They decided they wanted to take new x-rays so after three tries of trying to do it in my chair they decided to lift me up on the x-ray table. This took two people to lift me in three people to watch. They finally got me up there and took the x-rays with no problem. While they were transferring me back into my chair a guy standing on the table behind me slipped and we almost both ended up on the floor. Luckily one of the people watching was fast enough to catch him so we were saved only to find out he does not recommend surgery at this time, he thinks the problem can be solved by moving my laderals on my chair. Always an adventure...

No comments: