Monday, September 12, 2005

Monday

Lulu called in sick this morning but I'm not surprised. She had a scratchy throat all last week and was coughing. All the little kids started back to school so they're spreading their germs around to each other and back to their families. I decided to just take a long bath and to stay in bed and listen to music all day. I also have a couple of e-books that I wanted to listen but of course I did not get to because friends were dropping by but it did turn out to be a relaxing day.

Lisa called me from Stamford to see if I was come by on Wednesday and get some pictures taken for a brochure they're putting together. They're trying to get a grant to send everybody who has tendon transfer surgery home with exercise equipment and a pinch meter to strengthen their arms after surgery. The exercises that she has me doing is really strengthened my arm a lot, I wish I would have done them years ago after I have the surgery.

This afternoon my neighbor brought in a box that UPS had left outside. He set it on my bed to open it and Brodie immediately jumped up and started sniffing and trying to help him open the box, she is usually nosy but not like this. She kept grabbing at the corners and trying to help rip it open. It turned out to be a box of homemade treats that I got for her online but I don't know how she knew. The beef bones were wrapped in plastic and there was a lot of popcorn and bubble wrap in the box. She dove in the box and pulled out a beef bone filled with peanut butter and granola. We unwrapped it for her and she disappeared into the living room and we didn't hear from her for about an hour. Right now she is barking at a because she is frustrated because she ate the peanut butter and granola away from the edges and cannot get to the middle, she is so cute.

No comments: