Wednesday, September 14, 2005

OT and Stanford

I finally decided to go to the dentist yesterday to get my teeth cleaned. They had sent me a notice saying it was time but somehow it got misplaced and I forgot all about it, according to their records it has been about three years. It was kind of painful and there was a lot of blood but not as painful as I thought it would be, Kathy said my teeth really weren't that bad for as long as I waited.

This morning I went to OT at Valley Medical Center. Lynn had an emergency and had to go home so my OT was Rita, I had never met her before. The middle finger on my left hand got a permanent bend and we were trying to work that out, I have been going to OT twice a week for about three weeks. Rita was pulling and stretching on my finger and all of a sudden there was a big POP. She stopped and we both looked at each other and she looked really scared, she said that had never happened to her before. It was something in my finger releasing, nothing broke. I ended up going home early because the sound made her sick to her stomach.

Then, we went to Stanford to get the pictures taken for the brochures and measure the progress of my exercise program, they were very impressed and I have made a great deal of progress. It is very exciting.

No comments: