Thursday, September 27, 2007

Broken lift

After I took a bath this morning my lift broke.  Luckily it's only on the bathroom side and I can still get in and out up my chair on the bedroom side of it.  I called Bill from West Coast Mobility and he's going to send somebody out tomorrow.  Bill lives in Santa Cruz and actually has started kind of a spinal cord injury community and it sounds like everybody is really close, I cannot wait to move up there and be a part of it.  His son Levi, is also a quadriplegic and was a friend of my cousin Patrick, who passed away in 99.

They also have another wheelchair community in Santa Cruz called Shared Adventures and they do a lot of outings and barbecues.  I have a feeling when I moved to Santa Cruz I'm going to be very busy in the a lot of really cool people and I know I'm going to love it.

Today I went to a Halloween store called The Spirit Store.  It is pretty much right across the street and usually I wait until the last minute and all of the good stuff is gone so this time I decided to go early and I got a bunch of really cool stuff.  I'm going to have a Halloween party, this might be the last chance that I have two have a party in this place.  I'm really excited about it.  I am getting recipes online for some really gross food and I'm trying to think of some Halloween games and I even saw a Halloween pinata.

Tomorrow I'm going to a support group that a friend of mine told me about.  She is having it at her place because the lady who usually has it is going out of town so this will be the first time I will attend.  I've been wanting to go for a while so I'm just going to do it, it should be a lot of fun.

They also have one on the last Thursday of every month that I have been wanting to go to and I guess I better start going now before it gets too late.  When I moved to Santa Cruz I'm hoping to start a support group so I would like to experience as many as possible so I will know what to expect.

Supposedly the apartment above the garage garage in Santa Cruz is framed so I'm hoping to go there this weekend and take pictures since I forgot to last time I was there.  It sounds like it's really coming along great.  Charlie really knows his stuff.

No comments: