Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sick caregivers

There must be something going around.  Thursday and Friday Lulu was sick with the stomach flu and Madonna was sick on Friday so I ended up just staying in bed.  Last week my mom was sick for a couple of days... I hope I don't get it.  I do feel really bad that I didn't get to go to the hospital and visit Dewey but there's always this week.

On Saturday Angie drove my mom and I to Santa Cruz to see that progress on my new place, it is coming along so fast and it looks awesome.  I got to visit for a while with my Uncle Dick, my Aunt Kathy, my cousin Rich, his wife Vanessa, who is pregnant, Alexia, and Seth.  I also got to meet some of my neighbors and they seem like they are all really great people.  The couple that lives across the street from me work in the emergency room at a hospital in Watsonville and have so many resources.  I told them I will need new caregivers and that I would like to start a support group when I moved there and he seemed really anxious to helping in any way.  It sounds like they have a lot of cul-de-sac get-togethers and it just seems like it's going to be so much fun living there.We ended up visiting so much that I did not remember to have the Angie take any pictures but we will be going back in two weeks.

This morning my Sunday morning caregiver, Leticia, called in sick.  It is the year anniversary of her husband's mother passing away so they were going to have mass.  My mom came up and gave me breakfast and coffee and now I'm just relaxing and watching Lifetime Movie Network, they are actually having some movies on this weekend that I have not seen before.

I'm going to be happy to move to Santa Cruz but I'm also going to miss living here.  This is the very first place that I have owned and I have a lot of great memories here and I have made a lot of really good friends in my neighbors.  It's always nice to have people just stop by and visit and that always seems to happen a lot here, I hope it also happens in Santa Cruz.  Rosie, a longtime friend of our family came by today with his sister.  Growing up I remember our families doing a lot together.  Richard and his family came by for a short visit also.  They were down here at Home Depot and had to wait for some paperwork to be done so they stopped by.

Tomorrow is the support group at Valley Medical.  On Saturday when I went to Santa Cruz the wheelchair lock down in my van was not working but we finally figured out how to get me out of it.  Next week I'm going to have somebody take it apart and clean it, I hope that's all it needs.

No comments: