Sunday, September 9, 2007

taking out flooring and cabinets

On Saturday I went to Southern Lumber to pick out the kind of wood that I want for the floor and cabinets for my new place.  I picked about four pieces of wood that I liked and Charlie is going to stain them different colors and then I can choose from there.  I think I picked Oak, Mahogany, Hickory and for some reason the other one I can remember right now.  We also went over to lamps plus and I picked out a couple of pendulum lights that I liked for the bar between the kitchen and the living room.

My uncle Dick and Aunt Kathy were working on their duplex on Elm Street so my mom went over to visit and they ended up going to a little hole in the wall Mexican restaurant.  They called me to see if I wanted anything and of course I would never pass up an offer for food... especially when Uncle Dick is buying.  I had chicken tacos and I was really good.  I don't know how he does it for my uncle always seems to find these great little hole in the wall restaurants with awesome food.  I'm really looking forward to moving to Santa Cruz and spending a lot more time with them.  My Uncle Dick LOVES to go to yard sales on the weekends and I'm really looking forward to that also.

My ex called me the other day.  He was going to be in the area visiting a friend who had just lost his brother and he was going to try to stop by to say hello.  Apparently his friend is having a really hard time dealing with it which is very understandable.  Dave had lost his brother several years ago and I remember how hard it was on him so I'm really glad that he could be there with his friend Dewey.  Dewey was always one of my favorites.  He was not only very funny but very kind and just a lot of fun to be around.  Dave told me that he was having a really hard time on Saturday and totaled his car and ended up in the hospital with a crushed hand and a broken shoulder.  I really wish there was something that I could do because Dewey is such a special man.

No comments: