Friday, July 4, 2008

Fourth of July weekend...

Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays because it involves three of my favorite things...fireworks, barbecues and friends.  Autumn and Cassie came over this morning and invited me and my mom to their house for a barbecue.  I have met a few of Autumn's friends and they are all very impressive so I was looking forward to meeting some more.  I asked them if I could bring something and they said I could bring desert, I guess I forgot that today was a holiday and pretty much everything is close but luckily I had a couple of boxes of Krusteaz peach and Berry cobbler mixes, both of them killer, so my mom made them and they were a hit.  Alex, Autumn's husband, was barbecuing flank steak, chicken, beans, garlic bread, corn on the Cobb and they also had a couple different kinds of salad and fruit... it was quite a feast.  Unfortunately I couldn't stay and visit very long because the heat was already getting to me, I hate not being able to regulate my temperature.  I usually hold out as long as I can and it takes me a very long time to cool down but I just wanted to say and visit with everybody.  Cassie came back with me and put me to bed so that she could go out with her friends.  I couldn't really go anywhere anyway because Brodie freaks out when she hears the fireworks so I can't take her anywhere and I cannot leave her here alone.  Next year I will be smart and get her a tranquilizer from the veterinarian and maybe I will be able to speak out.  I tried to bring her with me to the barbecue but they have a cat and so Brodie was just acting foolish so I just brought her home where she proceeded to jump all over my couch and scratch the doors, since she can open the doors it doesn't do much good to try to take off without her.  My mom and the thing here to watch her.  I really can't blame her because she is a service dog and her job is to stay with me, protect me and help me if I drop anything or if I'd need to reach sonething.

Earlier Brodie and I took a walk to the lagoon, they finally opened it back up after all the fire scares.  The last couple of days I think it has been a little too hot for Brodie so I think we will have to start going earlier but it is a BEAUTIFUL walk... or roll.  I haven't gotten up the courage to cross over the water yet but I'm working on it, I'm tryingto go a little further each time.

Yesterday was a pretty relaxing day.  My morning caregiver and the massage therapist were not feeling very good so I just stayed in bed.  I thought it was going to be a boring day but I don't think there will be any more of those since I moved to Santa Cruz.  Terrie, Angie and Parker came by for a visit.  It was Terrie's birthday and Angie and Parker brought her to Santa Cruz for the day and to eat at Mobo's, everybody for miles around loves Mobo's.

Tomorrow Rich, Vanessa and the kids are having a barbecue at my uncle's house so my mom and I were invited, this time I'm going to bring Brodie so that my mom can go.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that sounds like a wonderful feast!! what a nice way to spend the Fourth!! hoping tomorrow is just as nice for you!!

betty

Anonymous said...

I had a "boring" day yesterday, but I planned it that way :-). One of those do nothing hang around days.  So many dogs freak at the fireworks, but my "older" kitten is thrilled with them, sits in the window watching & wants to get out toward them.
My kittens aren't "service" but they jump all over & ruin everything. I am too indulgent of a kitten owner, so I get it. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you had a good time yesterday. I didnt do anything at all yesterday. Today I made fruit salad and angel food cake. I am not much of a cook but I tried anyway. lol.. ....hugs, Christine

Anonymous said...

You know, sometimes boring is good ... and often the day doesn't end up being that way at all.  LOL.  

It seems to me you are busier than ever since your move.  A good thing!