Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sushi

Procrastinating and spinal cord injuries definitely do not mix.  It just seems like four hours is just never enough and that makes it even worse when you put off getting started as much as you can, that is my problem.  I know this is a problem and they know I need to change and I keep saying that starting next Monday I'm going to buckle down and do what I'm supposed to do.  The first thing I always have the caregivers do is take care of Brodie, take her outside and give her her pills.  Then of course I have to have a cup of coffee and by the time we get started its already 7 a.m., my morning caregiver starts at 6 a.m., and we still have over four hours of work to do.  I need to just push myself away from the computer and turn off the TV and turn on the music as soon as the morning caregiver gets here, have coffee and give Brodie her pills AFTER we finished with a personal care.  Maybe if I try that a couple of times and it works out better it will be easier to keep to that schedule.

Cassie and I took off today to Longs to get some peanut butter and mint M&Ms, they are always out of the mint ones.  After that we went to Mobo's and ate WAY too much but it was great.  All the way back we cruised through downtown, I just love Santa Cruz, and then came back and threw everything in the freezer away.  I'd now have three refrigerators at my home and went bringing the one for my old house the guys just unplug it, loaded it in the truck and drove here and unloaded it in 98° weather so Heather suggested I just throw everything away and start over.  Obviously that means a trip to Costco and I'm always up for that.

The massage therapist in by at 7 p.m. and gave me about a two hour massage, after the massage therapist leaves I always feel so relaxed and tired and my arms are so heavy I can barely lift them up.  It is so nice to feel so relaxed and comfortable with the massage therapist, she is awesome.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to read your jounral, my son was in an accident also and is paralyzed from the waist down, it takes him awhile with his morning care also......... he likes to sit and talk, daydream or whatever too..........lolol I am so glad I have him and I am very thankful to have him any way we can, he was 2 weeks before his 21 st birthday, but he is doing good and accepted it better than most, he's 26 now.... keep writing .......... hugs, Sherry

Anonymous said...

I have a hard time getting myself to task in the morning as well. It takes me 30 minutes to get out of bed when i wake up. I just lay there and day dream. Then it takes me another half hour just to get the energy to get dressed. Affter that I usually get bugged by the dogs to go out for about 15 minutes. I do that half asleep. I'm still not awake...I am glad you had a good lunch. I ope you have fun shopping....hugs, Christine

Anonymous said...

it is hard to get on a routine; I find myself procrastinating a lot of mornings too; this computer has a life of its own and draws me to spend more time on it then I should

seems like you had a good day though! hoping today is just as good if not better!

betty

Anonymous said...

I think it's just a lot of fun to wake, get to the computer with my coffee in hand and read, read, read!  

New routines are difficult for all of us, eh?