Sunday, July 13, 2008

I'm back...

Technology is so cool... when it is working.  When it is not working you sure do miss it and wonder what you ever did without it.  Actually the only thing that was wrong was my microphone had a short in it but that meant that I could not do ANYTHING.  I tried to fix it myself which meant taping the court in different directions so that the table that has my keyboard and mouse looked like a spider web but that only worked for a while, Dan the computer man sent me two different microphones and trying to be really careful.

Every Friday evening they have a free concert on the beach by the boardwalk at last Friday was Eddie Money and I was really anxious to go but of course it would not happen.  My celing lift was getting stuck and I ended up in bed all day waiting for the repair guy to show up.  Luckily he is really good about answering pages when it comes to repair and he lives here in town but of course I didn't get fixed in time to make the concert.  Bill, the guy who installs and fixes the lift system, has a son who is a quadriplegic so he knows how frustrating it is when your equipment is not working.  I love talking to him because he is so genuinely carrying and I always learn a lot from him.

The weather has been really nice here and I have really been getting out a lot, it is so great to have everything within rolling distant.  My computer went down one day and I wanted to take Brodie to Pet Smart to get a bath so I just cruised down there to see if they had any openings, of course they didn't have one that day so I made one for the next morning and it worked out great.

I have been a little leery of going around by myself because they're always this something that could happen to leave me stranded in the middle of nowhere so I found a hands-free Bluetooth visor adapter and tomorrow I'm going to take it to cingular to have them sync it for me and I will be good to go.  I'm just going to get on my chest strapped and I will be able to call anybody by voice command.

I found a new caregiver to replace Christina, I really liked her but I can just tell that it was not going to work out.  A week ago Friday she showed up with about 4 inches long nails and really could not do much of anything and then on Sunday she didn't show up at all and only called three hours later because her dad called and tracked her down.

Heather came by today and said that she had a surprise for Cassy and I for dinner... LOBSTER.  It was the best lobster I have ever had, she also made this killer white rice and green beans with mushrooms.  For dessert she made caramelized onions with nectarines and brie cheese wrapped in a tortilla, I would've never thought about putting those together but it did taste and incredible.

Tomorrow I have three appointments in San Jose.  The first one is at Moorpark to get my Depo shot and then to Valley Medical to see Tony and get my tube change then to the dentist to see Cathy and get my teeth cleaned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that lobster sounds delicious! I'm glad you found another caregiver; it would have been nice if Christina would have been upfront and told you her plans for working for you had changed instead of pulling the antics she did

I think its neat there are free concerts at the boardwalk; hope you get to catch one of someone you like later in the summer

hope all your appts go well tomorrow

betty