Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Okay why does this always happen to me...

With a week left before my vacation the attendant that promised to go on vacation with me to do my personal care backed out on me. We had made a couple of changes but before each change I checked with her to make sure it would be okay and she said that it would be. We even planned on staying two days longer and going to Disneyland, she not only said it was okay but asked if she could bring her daughter and I said yes. One evening after she left she called me back and left a message on my answering machine saying that she could not go. I shouldn't be surprised because she has done this before, when will I learn? If I had known a week before I could have gotten my other attendant to go but she needed more notice from her agency. My aunt that we are visiting in Arizona is a caregiver and will be glad to help and between my mom and my sister-in-law we will be fine and still have a great time.

On the bright side, I don't have to find two people to drive to Chico to get my rental van. Kevin, from South Bay, said that he would drive and meet them so I would not have to worry about it, Kevin is such a sweet and caring man. I will be able to pick the van up from South Bay Mobility on Friday and have everything loaded up and ready to go 8 a.m. on Monday morning. We just finished packing up my clothes and everything I will need. Awhile back I had bought a brand new set of luggage because I had planned on taking a trip to Disneyland last summer but I cannot find it anywhere. Luckily a lot of the stores are having a big sale so I will be able to go out tomorrow and buy a new set, I hope it's not going to be too crowded out there.

No comments: