Sunday, September 10, 2006

Great weekend

I met with Charlie on Friday to see the plans that he drew up and they are great. Besides building a big house he's building a two-bedroom apartment over the garage to either rent out or keep for when family visits. He didn't actually measure the property yet so he came by today with some plans that he has been working on. He doesn't have the final plans yet, he is still playing around with it, but it is going to be awesome and I am very excited .

I stayed in bed all weekend and pretty much slept. Since they put me on Zoloft I seem to be sleeping a lot. The doctor gave me two choices, one you take in the morning and is supposed to give you a little more energy and the other you take in the evening and it helps you sleep. I decided to try the one in the morning because I would rather be awake during the day then sleep at night but it still makes me very sleepy at night. Marie said that the sleepiness will go away after a couple of weeks.

I've been using this juicer that Jerry got me at Costco and I wish I would have had it a long time ago. I tried a bunch of vegetables in it the other night and it tasted great, I tried beets, carrots, celery and spinach and in the mornings I use pineapple, mango, nectarines, grapes and figs and that is really good. I'm trying to stay away from coffee in the morning because of the caffeine but then Jerry brought me over some caffeine free hot chocolate.

Betty made some menudo. I have tried it before but never homemade and it was awesome. I have been eating it since Wednesday and I'm not tired of it yet. It is so nice to have somebody cooking who is really good at it. She is a diabetic so she doesn't use a lot of fat and salt and I like that also.

No comments: