Thursday, September 7, 2006

The telephone

I have always been real nervous about answering my phone and making phone calls. The last couple of months I have been making myself answer the phone and returning phone calls or making phone calls and it feels great. I usually don't return phone calls because I put it off but I'm hoping to not do that anymore. I feel really good getting everything done in the moment and I don't have to worry about it all day. I don't know where a phone phobia comes from, maybe from growing up in having your parents say "only 10 minutes on the phone". I was also with somebody for about eighteen years that always said the same thing. I've always afraid that other people in the house is going to hear my conversation and think that it's silly. I do enjoy talking on the phone once I get on it.

I go back to today to see Marie. She put me on Zoloft and I have been sleeping really good and they took Brodie out again today for a long walk, she is so happy when she gets to go for a walk at least once a day. In the afternoon if I have time after shopping I'll take her to the park and let her play for a little bit. Of course when we get to the park all she wants to do is lay in the shade and try to pop the tennis ball with her tea, I guess if that's what she thinks of as fun than it is okay.

My mom and my aunt are going to Wyoming for my grandpa's burial later on this month and my brother Stanley is going to come and stay with me for a couple of days. His kids are in school so they probably won't come and I'm really looking forward to spending some time with my brother.

No comments: