Saturday, September 30, 2006

Hand surgery

I had surgery on my left hand yesterday and it went pretty well. The part that always makes me nervous is transferring from chair to bed and from bed to chair. My mom and Aunt Kathy left on Wednesday for Wyoming and Colorado to bury my grandpa and his brother so Stanley came down to stay with me for a couple of days. I was supposed to get preop out of the way on Wednesday but it took so long that by the time I got out admitting and the anesthesiologist had already gone home so I had to come back on Wednesday, yesterday to finish preop. My surgery was going to be the first in the morning, 7:00 so I needed to be there by 6:00. We brought my portable lift it was a lot easier to transfer me back and forth. I don't remember how long the surgery took and I felt really bad when it was over, my stomach was very upset and I was dizzy. Stanley called Lulu and she met us back here at the house and put me to bed and I have been pretty much sleeping ever since. Madonna was supposed to be here the morning of the surgery at 4:00 but misunderstood so she didn't show up until 5:00, I was getting really nervous and afraid she was not going to show up because I had to leave my house at 5:30. Everything worked out and I made it there on time. While I was at preop I saw a guy that I went to school with and talked to him for a while. He was the nurse that took my pulse, temperature and everything like that.

My mom and Aunt Kathy came home today and Stanley left to go home, he should be home by now. I thought we were going to at least have one day to visit but it went by so fast and like I said I slept most of it but I was glad he was here.

The cast is almost up to my elbow but my fingers in some are exposed. I can see a pin in my left finger underneath my fingernail and whenever it touches something I get a shooting pain up my arm. They gave me some Vicodin but I'm not going to fill it unless it really gets bad, it's pretty bad so I'll probably get it filled hopefully tomorrow. I can still taste the anesthesia the matter what I eat, it tastes awful. I have to stay in bed for a couple of days with my arm elevated but after that I should be able to be up and out of here.

On October 2nd I close escrow on my house, it is finally mine. Kelly will be here around the 6th to stay for a couple of weeks and then we will see what happensfrom there.

No comments: