Thursday, December 20, 2007

searching for caregivers...

I remember people telling me how hard it was to find a caregiver, I have always been really lucky.  Now that I lost my afternoon caregiver and I'm losing my morning caregiver I understand how they feel.  I understand that since I'm moving they need to move on and get a job here and take care of their family but it's really hard to see them go.

Madonna told me at the beginning of the week that Friday would be her last day, she starts a new job on Monday.  I went through In-Home Support Services and they were nice enough to send me a list of caregivers in this area even though I'm not a client of theirs.  My aunt heard of a care giving agency on the radio and told me about them so I gave them a call.  the lady just left and although I didn't give them much notice they're going to be able to accommodate me starting on Saturday.  After paying $16 an hour $21 an hour is going to be hard but hopefully it won't be for that long.  Somehow everything always seems to work out.

I think the hardest part of getting a new caregiver is the training and trying to get them to do things the way that you're used to doing it, they usually have their own way of doing things.  After a couple of weeks the initial anxiety and frustration will be over in life will be once again wonderful.

I cannot believe that Christmas is in only five days.  It sounds like were going to have a nice one though.  Stanley, Janet and the kids will be here as well as Uncle Dick and Aunt Kathy and possibly Rosy.

My Aunt Kathy called this morning and told me that they have the Windows and the doors in my new house.  Since I haven't been able to make it over there she has been taking progressive pictures for me so I'm really just missing much of anything.  Angie said that she is off next week and if I get a caregiver trained take me over there to see it.

No comments: