Monday, December 24, 2007

Thinking about past, presant and future...

Tomorrow is the day my new caregivers start and of course I'm kind of nervous.  I'm hoping they're not going to be slow, I hope they're going to remember everything, I hope they're going to catch on quick... I am also anxious to get the awkwardness of the beginning of the trial period over with.

The lady that lives in my Aunt Kathy's triplex which is right next door to my new house works at a place called The Coconut Grove in Santa Cruz, she is a chef there.  She said that she would be willing to cook for me once or twice a week and that she loves to cook fish, perfect for me.  I know I'm going to be able to get a lot of fresh fish in Santa Cruz.  I went to The Coconut Grove one-time when a friend of mine got married, their reception was there and it was beautiful.  The ceiling opened up and you can see the beautiful sky, a great place to get married. and I remember the food being pretty awesome also.

The couple that lives next door to my aunt and across the street from me work in the emergency room at a hospital in Watsonville, they have worked there for about eight years and they said with their help I should have no problem finding attendant care, we already have people filling out applications.

My new houses on a cul-de-sac and it sounds like everybody knows everybody it is pretty much the party every weekend and every holiday, I'm really looking forward to that.

A lot of people of Valley Medical have already introduced me to some people who live in Santa Cruz but come over the hill for all of their medical attention, I will do the same.

I was watching an episode of Little People Big World and it was snowing and they were having snowball fights, making ramps and sliding down the snowy hills on cardboard, garbage can lids, sleds... anything that will work and it reminded me of growing up in the Santa Cruz Mountains.  We got anywhere from two days to four days of snow a year which was perfect for us.  The parents would get snowed downtown and we would not have school so I would go pretty much from house to house and do what ever we wanted, we felt like we were getting a way with something really big but it was all very innocent.  We used to go up in the field and we would build igloos, slide down the hills, build snow statues and just have the time of our lives.

No comments: