Monday, July 11, 2005

Alameda County fair and Santa Cruz

The Alameda County fair was a lot of fun and perfect weather. They had some tents set up with a misting system to cool you down. Carrot Top was so funny , I laughed hysterically the whole time. We walked around for awhile before and after and of course ate whatever we could. I had my first Gyro and enjoyed it very much. I didn't get to have any funnel cake but we decided to go back on Saturday but when we got home there was a message from my sister-in-law saying that they were coming down on Saturday and we were all going to Santa Cruz Beach and Boardwalk. The fair will be here next month so I will be able to go to this one.

 

Stanley and his family came down on Friday and we had pizza, cheese bread and hot wings.  We had really good luck getting to and from Santa Cruz also. We made it up there and back with no traffic and the weather was really great. The kids had a great time and I really enjoyed watching them and hanging out with them and my brother and sister-in-law. Each of the boys brought a friend so there was two extra boys but they were so sweet and did whatever they could to help me, it made me feel really good. On Sunday all the kids came in my room because I was stuck in bed and we watched a couple of movies before they left.  It felt really cozy to look around and see all the kids in my room. One great thing about hanging out with them is they never make me feel like a burden or somebody they have to bring along.

No comments: