Thursday, July 21, 2005

Aunt Marlene

My cousin Terrie called me on Monday after I got back from seeing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to let me know that her mother was in the hospital. I talked to my brother and he said that he went to visit her and she sounded and looked really bad, they didn't expect her to go home from the hospital.

My cousin Kelly was going to visit her brother in San Diego and then go on to Arizona to help her mother pack because she was moving. She offered to stay here and drive me to visit my Aunt but my mom wanted to go also.

Terrie called a couple of old friends of mine from when I lived there. Sandy called me and asked me to let her know when I was leaving and she would meet me there. We visited with my aunt for a little while and we could tell that she was getting tired so we went to the cafeteria to get something to eat and to let her rest for a bit. While we were leaving the room Sandy and her mother showed up so we were going to meet them in the cafeteria. When I got to the elevator Terrie and her daughter Kelly were there when the door opened so we told them we would also meet them in the cafeteria. While we were all sitting down eating and chatting my friend Shawn showed up, Terrie had called him also. It was so great to see him and catch up on his life as I haven't seen him in about 10 years. We visited for a while and then went back up to see my aunt. Everybody was saying that she looked much better than she did the day before and they were sending her to a nursing home so she could be watched and better taking care of.

No comments: