Sunday, July 17, 2005

New shoes

I felt really bad for Brodie when we went to Santa Cruz. The ground was so hot she could not stand still for very long, I had to roll from tree to tree and anywhere I can find shade to keep her feet from burning. When I got home that evening out of curiosity I went online to see if I could find protective shoes for dogs... there they were so next time we will be prepared.

I got a new mattress to try for my bed. It's only the second night and I'm going to have to get used to it. It's a lot better for circulation so maybe after the week is over I will like it and want to get one for myself.

Of all days my air conditioner broke this morning. By the time my attendant got here at 3:30 PM I was ready to take a very cool bath and boy did it feel great. George made a phone call and the guy will be over here to fix it tomorrow before it gets too hot out.

By next week my sores will be healed up and I will be good to go. I'm going stir crazy having to stay in bed so much but I'm convinced that as soon as I get my exercise bicycle I won't have to worry about pressure sores anymore. A friend of mine sent me the link to a group on Yahoo that he belongs to and one of the discussions on the messageboard happens to be about this particular bicycle and nobody had anything bad to say about in fact they were really excited and that helped a lot in my decision.

No comments: