Sunday, October 2, 2005

Generator

Today was an interesting day. I have been training a new girl since Thursday but today was our first day alone and wouldn't you know the electricity went out. Luckily we were done using the ceiling lift but my bed started deflating and neither one of us really knew what to do. The contractor that helped me with my house suggested that I put a generator in the shed and there are orange outlets in the House that run off of the generator, the only problem is you have to know how to start a generator or know somebody that lives around you that knows how to. My mom came down and it was like the blind leading the blind but they fumbled around for a while and they decided there wasn't any gas. I have on my calendar every month to start the generator to make sure that it works but apparently looking at the reminder on your calendar is not enough, I think you have to actually start it... live and learn I guess. while they were outside fumbling with the generator of the electricity came back on so I said Brodie out to get them, they yelled at Brodie, send her back into the house, closed the door and continued trying to figure out how to start the generator.

That is enough excitement for one weekend, now I'm ready to relax and watch movies and eat.

No comments: