Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day Eve

Today turned out to be a really fun day. Stanley made breakfast for everyone, he always makes killer breakfasts. Everyone was getting a little bit restless so we decided to go do SOMETHING. My mom needed some parts for her vacuum cleaner so we drove to a place where she had called to make sure they had the parts. I have been looking for a vacuum cleaner for my front porch and my van, I didn't want a new one because it's mostly dog hair, and I found one. After that we went grocery shopping and Stanley got stuff to make a taco salad for dinner and bean soup for the next day. The taco salad was really good and I cannot wait to try the soup tomorrow.

After we ate on my way home I passed by and I heard Jerry in his backyard and he asked me to come and check it out, he has been working in his backyard for the past several days. He had grass but decided to put down blocks so he could put a table and chairs and some plants. Jerry seems to do really well with plants of all kinds and his backyard was absolutely beautiful. He was out there with Liz and Keith so I stopped to visit for a while. They are all three really cool people and I love hanging around with them, they always make me laugh. Unfortunately my attendant was waiting for me at home so I had to get going but I wish that I could've stayed and visited with them some more.

My cable quit working today and that is very frustrating. Jerry came over this morning to bring me a CD of Sugar Land that he had burned for me, Sugar Land has an awesome voice. Jerry said to give him a call later on and he would come back over and fix the cable for me. It seems like whenever I was coming he was going so we kept missing each other all day and I thought I was going to have to be without cable all night tonight and all day tomorrow. When my mom came by she decided to just turn everything off, wait a couple of minutes and turn everything back on and of course it started working again... why didn't I think of that?

Tomorrow is going to be another lazy day. Usually I don't get up on the weekends but I have been and it is great. I get a little restless and grumpy when I have to stay in bed for more than one day.

No comments: