Monday, May 8, 2006

Mother's Day

Lulu took the day off because she ended up working yesterday for her sister. Leticia came to work but then got a tummy ache and ended up calling Lulu to take her home and finish with me so I ended up staying in bed all day. We were having a Cribbage party at my mom's so I needed to get up.

It was busy here today. They delivered a tool chest that I had ordered on Friday and wouldn't uncover it before they left. When we did uncover it there was a big dent in the side so we called them back to see what they were going to do about it. They gave me the choice of giving me forty dollars back or they would come and replace it. Since I need to keep it outside I decided to have them replace it because I knew it was just going to end up getting rusty. George came over at 10a.m. because the guy from Home Depot said that he would be here to exchange the tool chest. George waited around for a couple of hours and then went home to eat and send Juliet back to watch out for the the truck. When the truck got here Jerry came over to make sure that they brought me what I was supposed to get this time and put the casters and the handle on the toolbox. While Jerry was outside Keith came over to say hello, he has been working really hard and I don't really see him that much anymore. Both of my doors had broken so I asked Keith if he could take a look and he was able to fix the front door but he needed a bigger drill to replace the keyless lock on the back door. I told him as long as I could work one door I would be happy.

Jerry went back home and barbecued and brought me some beef and chicken kabobs that tasted really good, he is such a good cook.  Since Jerry bought his own business he has been very busy. He asked me today if he took pictures and wrote descriptions on some stuff that he wanted to sell if I would manage it for him on eBay because I am always ordering stuff from eBay. I have never tried selling anything but it sounds like it could be a lot of fun and millions of people do it so it can't be all that difficult.

Next weekend Stanley, Janet and the kids are coming down for Mother's Day. David is going to come down a few days after that, my mom is going to feel so lucky.

Modesto David graduates on June ninth. We are going up there on the 8th and get a motel room so thatwe will not be late for the graduation.

I just found out today that my Gramps is going to stay here in California and not go back to Arizona. My mom and Gramps are going to take a trip to Bozeman Montana in July. I'm still toying with the idea of going. It would be nice to get away for a while but the trip seems like it's going to be pretty fast... it takes two days to get there, they'regoing to stay two days and it will take two days to get back.

No comments: