Monday, June 19, 2006

Hall & Oats

David, Anna Maria, Deziree and JohnPatrick got here yesterday at noon. I ended up staying in bed because I got a really bad sunburn at the wedding Saturday and I couldn't even wear clothing, I did today because I had to but it was very painful. Janet, Robert, David and Corinne got here about five p.m. and we left for the concert. Our seats were right in front of the stage, what an awesome view. David took a bunch of pictures and I have some pictures of the wedding that I will add tomorrow or the next day. Everyone had a great time at the concert even though they did not play "Rich Girl". I got a guitar pick and the guy that ushered us got me the list of songs from the stage that they were going to sing (Rich Girl was on the list but I don't know what happened) The guy that ushered us, John, was awesome. They picked us up in a golf cart that had wheelchair seating right in front of my van and took us right to the area where you get your tickets and go to the deck to eat. The view was overlooking the vineyard and Saratoga and it was really beautiful. The food was awesome also. After the concert John picked us up at the bottom of the hill, where the stage is, and drove a straight to the van. While the concert was going on he brought us snacks and water and kept asking us if there was anything that we needed. Stanley was here when we got back.

Rich and Vanessa's wedding was so beautiful. It was at a resort in Aptos. We wanted to make sure we missed traffic so we got there about two hours early. When we got there it was foggy and you couldn't tell that the ocean was right underneath where the ceremony was. I turned around to talk to some people and by the time I had turned back around the fog had lifted and the view was breathtaking. I wish I had turned around earlier so I could have went for a walk and explore the area. After the ceremony Gramps was ready to leave but Aunt Kathy talked him into staying for dinner, it was a Hawaiian theme and a delicious dinner. We didn't get to have any cake but Uncle Dick brought us over some the next day and it was delicious, his friend Dan the cake man made it. I definitely plan on going back to have lunch and check out the beach. They have resorts along the side that look really cool to stay in and fifteen miles of private beach, you can even get a massage in your room.

Unfortunately when I took these pictures all I had was disposable cameras. I have been trying them a lot lately and have been very disappointed in the quality. I have two cameras that take really good pictures but I always seem to forget them.

No comments: