Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Doobie Brothers

Grandpa's Memorial turned out to be really nice. Most of my furniture has glass on top of it so I decided it would be nice to put a bunch of pictures from past and present underneath the glass, this way everybody could look at them but none of them would get ruined because a lot of them I borrowed from family. Of course we had a ton of food and everybody ate too much. We talked a lot about Grandpa and pretty much everybody had a story that nobody else had really heard. He had a great life and he was very funny and loving man that everybody that met him became a good friend.

My brother David and I had a concert to go to that evening so we left here about 6:00 p.m. The concert was the Doobie Brothers at the Saratoga Mountain Winery. Usually we eat dinner on the deck first at this time we didn't. The concert was AWESOME and we did not want it to end. It made it extra special because my brother remembers falling asleep listening to them play next-door when he was in 5th grade. Our neighbors were good friends with them. I remember them trading my horse for theirs because there's was so stubborn and mine was so calm. Our neighbors had a horse named doobie that they tied up to a tree one evening and in the morning found out that they had tied it next to a cliff and the horse fell off and hung itself. The cloud of marijuana came from behind us and up onto the stage, I could tell that because the keyboardist in front of us was making remarks about how strong it was... it was very strong. Of course they sang all of the great songs and we were sitting right in front of the stage. I thought it was going to be too loud but it was perfect. The last couple of times I went there there was a gentleman helping out what kind of took us under his wing and made sure that we've are comfortable, bringing us water and treats, making sure the intoxicated people did not spill their beers on us. There was one gentleman who was already very intoxicated when we got there. He had a license plate that he apparently took off his truck that said Doobie B. First thing he did was throw it up onto the stage and when they grabbed it to take it away he acted surprised and said that he needed it to drive home, they told him that if he through it again he would lose it for ever so he went and got two more beers. The guy sitting next to him was already falling asleep, passing out, but was so embarrassed by his loud mouth thathe moved down a couple of chairs. After the concert they came and got us in this golf cart that had a ramp for wheelchairs, it was pretty cool. The guy that was helping us out got me the playlist that was taped to the stage, the one that had the songs they were going to play. I also got a guitar pick that says the doobie brothers on one side and somebody had signed on the other. They threw one at my brother and he missed it but one of the security ladies saw where it landed and picked it out and gave it to him. A young lady behind me reached over and said there was one stuck in my shirt and she picked it up and handed it to me, since we already have one we gave that one to her and she was so excited, if you do something nice hopefully something nice always happens to you in return. My brother said it was better than Eric Clapton and I agree, not better than Don Henley but better than Eric Clapton. My older brother asked us if it was better than the Eagles and that was a hard one.

David had his eye surgery yesterday, they scraped his left eye and put a patch on it and told him to sleep all day yesterday and all night last night. He goes back today to see how it is doing and that he flies home, tomorrow is his anniversary and of course he wants to be sure to make it home.

My aunt Kathy and I are going to see the American idols tonight at the HP Pavilion and I am so excited. It has been a very busy last couple of weeks with family and everything and I'm looking forward to resting this weekend.

I got rid of a lot of the clutter in my house and it is looking so much better. Stanley put up my pot and pan holder in the skylight in the kitchen and it looks great, I love it. I'm going to have part of the wall from the kitchen into the dining room taken out to open it up and have the kitchen cabinets refaced, I never liked the looks of my kitchen cabinets.

Tomorrow I go and talk to Marie. She is the Spinal Cord Injury psychologist at Valley Medical. She was the psychologist there when I was injured and she knows me a little bit plus I see her a lot at the support groups and when I go to appointments at the hospital. I just feel like I need to talk to somebody professional for a while.

No comments: