Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Awsome dog park

While Madonna was here on Friday she got a phone call from her sister in San Diego to let her know that they had rushed her mom to the hospital and she was unresponsive.  Her health has been going up and down for a while and it sounds like it's just a matter of time.  She then called me on Sunday evening and told me that she was in San Diego and she would not be in to work on Monday.

The weekend was pretty laid-back.  I started listening to audio books and I really am enjoying them.  I used to love to read and there's a lot of interesting books out there.

On Monday I talked to my brother David a couple of times.  I'm trying to find a way to get some air blowing underneath my sheet when I'm in bed hoping it will cut down on pressure sores and he had a couple of really good ideas, he always does.  The first time that he called my Aunt Kathy was here and she always has really creative ideas also so between the two of them they came up with the perfect plan.  We're going to try mounting an industrial-strength blow dryer at the bottom of the bed and hook it up so I can use it with my Smart home program on the computer.

Last night my ex called me and it sounded like he was having a really hard time.  He lost his dad about a year ago and he said that his father-in-law was due to have surgery the very next morning, his second triple bypass, and he was really worried about him.  Also he said that his aunt had a stroke and she was also going in for surgery.  It is really hard to lose a member of your family or a friend and it seems like the old were we get the more people we know that pass away.

Today I met Brodie's trainer trainer at Hellyer dog park.  I take Brodie to Hellyer Park all the time and I heard that they had a dog park but I had never seen it, it is awesome.  I put the address in Magellan and it led us right to the dog park.  When we first got there I wasn't anybody there but after about 15 minutes a bunch of people showed up so it worked out perfectly.  I talked to about three of the people and they said that they need their everyday at the same time and they were very sweet, dog people are so cool.  Brodie did really good and tried her hardest to ignore all of them.  After we take her over their couple of times to meet the trainer he will take Brodie inside and eventually be able to play with them, I'm so excited.

Friday is the ladies support group.  It's usually at Janie's house but a couple of months ago they had it at Cindy's, she has a day room in her complex, and it worked out really well so I think they're going to start having it there.

Saturday I'm going to Santa Cruz to take updated pictures of my new house, the last two times I forgot to take my camera so I hope I remember this time.

A friend of mine when I used to work at Xicor e-mailed me, I have not seen or heard from him in 12 years.  He said that he was having lunch with John Dutra and she gave him my e-mail address, it was so great to hear from him and it brought back a lot of really fond memories.  He could always make me laugh.

No comments: