Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was bittersweet.  We had a lot of family here and we really had a great time.  My mom and my Aunt Kathy cooked dinner and it was awesome.  We have of course Turkey, honey glaze ham, broccoli cheese casserole (my aunt made this dish up and it was really good)... pretty much everything else was the routine Thanksgiving dinner.  After dinner we played cribbage, like we always do.  I can't wait to move to Santa Cruz and be able to play cribbage every night.

Stanley, Janet and the kids came down on Thursday morning but Stanley and Janet had to work on Friday so they left the kids here and Stanley came back last night and cooked split pea soup with the left over him and then made breakfast and dinner, 12 bean soup with the rest of the turkey and some sausage, the man can cook.

I had to let Lulu go on Friday, that is the bitter part of Thanksgiving.  She has worked for me since 2000 and it's really hard getting used to the fact that she will not be back here anymore.

Since Madonna is off on the weekends I ended up staying in bed which I'm sure wasn't too thrilling for the kids but I think we made the best of it, watching TV and eating pizza and leftovers.

No comments: