Friday, November 30, 2007

Catching up with old friends...

Tonight I talked to Sandy for a long time and it was so nice to catch up.  After my Jeep rollover accident in 1980 when I moved to Stockton to live with my aunt I became really good friends was Sandy who lives a couple houses down.  After my cousin Cheryl and her husband got a divorce and she moved back in with her mother there was no room so I moved down the street with Sandy, her mother and her son Kevin.  I have seen her a couple of times when I've gone to Stockton but it was always a very short visit.  I don't know why I don't call her more often because I feel really great after talking to her... I'm going to make myself do that.  My older brother Stanley says that once a week, on the weekends, I call somebody did he hasn't talked to for a long time and I think that is a great idea.

I've sent out a couple of applications to find an afternoon caregiver so I'm hoping for the best.  For right now especially on the weekends I'm pretty much stuck in bed and that is way too much time to think.  I remember a couple of girls that works for me when I had an agency and I wish I could remember their names because they would work out really well.  I did talk to one last night and she said that she has a job but that her aunt might be interested.

I picked out the color of cabinets that I wanted for my new house and the floor is going to be a shade or two lighter.  It's going to be real wood instead of the simulated wood that I have right now so it's going to look totally awesome.  I remember last night I had a dream that I went to see my house and it was almost done.

On Friday a friend of mine that I used to work with from Xicor is going to come by for a visit, I'm so excited.  I have not seen him for 12 years so it will be really great to catch up with not only his life but everybody that we used to work with, there's nothing I love more than a really good gossip session.

Stanley just e-mailed me and she said that he was going with his family on Sunday to cut down a Christmas tree and asked me if I wanted them to cut one down for me and of course I said yes.  Madonna decorated inside this morning for Christmas but I haven't got a Christmas tree yet, perfect timing.  I love Christmas.

No comments: