Monday, July 17, 2006

Gramps

The MRI wasn't as bad as I thought, I was really nervous because they were going to put me in a really tight place. Dr. Hentz, the guy who did my tendon transfer surgery, met me in the parking lot. They took me into one of the rooms that had a ceiling lift and transferred me from my chair to a gurney and then they pushed me to another building and transferred me to another gurney. I didn't say anything to anyone but I was very scared about having this MRI but I think they could tell and they were all great. They all reassured me that I could stop at any time and that they can hear me and they did everything they could to make me feel comfortable. When they first put me in the tube I panicked a lot but I really wasn't bad. The left arm took a little bit longer but they asked me each time if they could do another scan and I figured since I was in there I might as well let them do whatever they want.

My mom just called to tell me that my grandpa fell in the shower and hit his head and they had to take him to the hospital. She said they had just put him in the shower and he said he would be okay but when they left the room they heard a thump and came back in the bathroom and he was on the floor. She said they didn't know yet how extent his injury was but they thought he was going to have brain damage and be a lot slower. I really hate being in this bed and not being able to get up sometimes but I guess there's really nothing I can do. My mom said she would call me in the morning and let me know what they decided to do. I cannot sleep because I'm worried about my grandpa.

No comments: