Monday, July 3, 2006

I have been thinking...

I have been trying to figure out why I have such a hard time doing things by myself and I think that since my nieces and nephews have been here I figured it out. Most of my life I have had somebody tell me what to do and when to do it. My parents for eighteen years and in a controlling relationship for the next eighteen. I guess everything gets to be routine between life at home and work. Now I have a lot of spare time and I sit here at night and think of things that I would like to do for the week but most of them I never get to. When I found out that Deziree, David and Kelley were going to be here for a week I planned things to do and since they were here actually did them and it felt great. What I need to start doing is planning what I want to do for the week and making myself do it. Simple things like going to the park, going to the movies and IMAX , checking out museums. Last week was very busy, I was up every day by 10:00 a.m. and usually didn't get to bed until about 6:00 or 7:00 p.m. and it not only felt great but I was very tired and slept good but I didn't have any pressure sores.

I am trying to figure out what to do this week, it is just Deziree and I so I think we're going to check out the museum's downtown. She's going to take some pictures for me for my spare bedrooms. The weather is supposed to be great.

On Thursday I am going to pick David up from the airport and we are going to Santa Cruz. I wanted to get an old-fashioned picture taken with David and Deziree and maybe get something to eat on the wharf. It is going to be a short visit and him and Deziree are flying back home on Friday after David eye appointment.

No comments: