Sunday, October 21, 2007

Another weekend

Lulu ended up going home early on Friday because she could not find a masks to wear while she was spraying the material adhesive.  She started getting really quiet and squinting her eyes so I knew that something was wrong.  I finally asked her what was wrong and she said that she was very sick and very dizzy and needed to sit outside for a while and she was going to call her husband to come and get her.  Her husband came in and said that he was going to take her home and leave her car here so I told him to tell her not to come in on Saturday.  She looked really bad.  She came this morning, Sunday morning, to pick up her car and said this to his feeling much better and that she will be in tomorrow at 3:00 p.m. so I can go to the support group at Valley Medical Center.

My mom came over and maybe some breakfast on Saturday.  I remember growing up one of my favorite breakfast was Rice with warm milk, butter and a little bit of sugar so that is what she made for me, it was perfect for the cooled morning.  The rest of the day I just sat around and watch movies and played cards on Pogo.

This morning Leticia called and said that she wasn't feeling very well and she didn't get much sleep last night so she wasn't coming in.  She called at 6:30 a.m. and I can't believe that I slept right through it.  I woke up at 9 a.m. and I was looking at the monitor, I have four cameras set up around my house so I can see what's going on, and I didn't see her moving around and then I noticed I had a message on my telephone.

My brother David called me yesterday to see if my mom and I would like to go with him and his daughter to a concert in San Francisco on November 5th.  He said he was going to find out for sure if he could get the days off so that they could fly down here for a couple of days, go to the concert with us and then go home.  He called me this evening and told me that he got the days off so I ordered the tickets.  I haven't seen Dave or Deziree for a long time and I'm really looking forward to it.

I was going to call and see if Deziree wanted to come and help me decorate for Halloween, they are not allowed to celebrate it in Georgia because they believe it is evil.  She is very creative and I know she would have done a great job but it just seemed like time flew by so fast and I never got around to asking.

I've been having a really hard time trying to pick out what colors of granite, tile, stucco... everything for my new house.  It seems like every time I go I see a different color that I like.  Finally my aunt suggested that I just let Charlie pick everything out and what a relief that was.  I assume that Charlie was busy building my house and didn't really have time to help with stuff like that but he said that between him and his tile and flooring guy they could put together a great place, I am so thrilled because they have been doing it for several years and I know that Charlie has really good taste.

No comments: