Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Brodie scare

Monday morning scare

This morning right after the massage therapist showed up Brodie started acting really weird so she said that she would take her to the vet for me so I called Lulu to meet her down there.  I have noticed since Friday night, everything always happens Friday evening after 5 p.m., Brodie's acting really lethargic, the left side of her face was really droopy and she was sleeping all the time.  It was even hard to get her to go outside and go to the bathroom.  She was still drinking a lot of water but not hardly eating anything at all.  At first I thought that she had had a stroke.  After a couple of hours the doctor called and said that it looks like either Brodie has a really bad deep inner ear infection or something wrong with her brain so they sent her home with some antibiotics, steroids and some cream, five different prescriptions, and said to watch her for a couple of days and did she was not any better I need to take her to Santa Rosa for a MRI, that sounds really expensive.

When Lulu brought Brodie she seem to be a lot better, back to her old self.  She is still sleeping a lot and the left side of her face is still a little droopy but she is eating again and even trying to play a little bit.  I never had children but it is really heartbreaking to see something that you love so much miserable or in pain and not knowing what to do. The doctor said that her face would always be droopy and she would never be able to blink her eye again.  Last night I saw her blinking her eye and her face was less droopy.  the doctor is going to call me today and give me the final results of her tests.

I called Rich, the dog trainer, and she said to go ahead and see how she was doing this afternoon and if she's doing better he's going to come over and work with her again tomorrow.

No comments: