Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Dog trainer

The dog trainer came out today and he really seem to know what he was doing.  He taught me how to get and keep Brodie's attention, I was really shocked at how easy it was.  He said it would probably about four to six months to get rid of her aggression towards other animals.  I was very impressed with him and I'm excited about working with Brodie every day that I can. He is also a big fan of the Dog Whisperer, Caesar Milan, and wait to see him last Sunday at the Flint Center here in San Jose.  I was so bumbed that I missed the opportunity.  I have been watching the web site and I get the newsletter and I don't not how I could have overlooked it.  I hope he comes back this way again.

For me one of the hardest issues after my injury is time.  Before my injury I lived 150 miles from my job.  By the time I commuted to work, worked, commuted home and did the laundry, the dishes and clean the house and the yard I really wasn't much time left to do much of anything else but I did not mind at all.  Since my injury it seems that I have nothing but time.  A lot of time to sit around and think about what I used to be able to do that I can do now.  Do my own laundry, clean my house, get dressed and ready to go within 20 minutes, now takes about three hours, drive, walk... When you have a problem or something bothering you it's nice to get up and stay busy and not have to think about it, I can no longer do that. it is especially hard when there is a problem or you're worried about something.  Most of the time since I'm not very active during the day, even when I do get up and get out, I don't sleep very good at night.  I used to really panicked me but now I just try to watch TV, play cards or chat on the computer.

No comments: