Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Shake, rattle and roll

I was woken up at around 8:00 p.m. by the sound of rattling and by bed shaking, talk about a rude awakening.  I wasn't as scared as I thought I would be and it really didn't seem to last very long.  My mom called me to make sure everything was OK and to let me know that everything was OK with her except that she can't find one of the birds, Sweet Pea.  I immediately turn the channel to CNN and found out that we just had a 5.6 magnitude earthquake, 9 miles from San Jose- Epicenter is near Alum Rock, CA.  My niece Corinne called to see if I felt it and if everything was all right.

Today was a good day.  My pressure sore is almost completely gone so I got up today and went to the mall.  I was talking to my mom on the phone and she said that she needed to go to the mall and to go shopping and since I had to go to those two places also I stopped and picked her up on the way.  We only made it to the bank to and to the mall because Brodie was looking really tired and I didn't want to overdo it with her.  Tomorrow the trainer is coming so I guess I will go grocery shopping on Thursday.

No comments: