Saturday, March 15, 2008

Mom's house officially sold

Yesterday morning Vanessa came over with the baby to visit for a while.  We made up some thank you cards to thank everybody for everything she got at the shower, it really turned great.

Kelly's longtime friend Carol flew down here to visit her
and she went with us to check out the new house.  Every
time I see the progress I am so amazed and this time is no different.  The cupboard doors were installed and the floor was laid down.  They're still staining the floor but I can already tell that it is going to be AWESOME, everything is unbelievable.  I can't believe that in just a few short months I will be living there and cruising around.  Charlie did such a great job picking everything out, I just cannot give him enough praise and thanks.

After we checked everything out and took pictures we went to my uncles favorite place to eat, The Wooden Nickel.  I was there once before and had fish and chips and it was delicious.  This time I had calamari steak and it was also awesome.  Kelly had the skirt steak which she gave me a couple bytes of it was also delicious, my aunt and uncle meet therefore lunch every Friday with a group of people and I can't wait to start going with them.  After that they have a cribbage party at their house but we had to go home.

 It's hard to believe that soon I will just be able to go
across the street or invite everyone to my house, I know
we'll be having several cribbage parties a week.  We drove along the beach and down past the lighthouse and then came home.

We found out that the people that but my mom's house want her out by April 5th so my mom was scrambling to try to figure out how to get everything done by then.  All she had to do was make a couple of phone calls and Stanley, David and Rich all not only volunteered but said they would bring friends to help, we have the best family in the world.  Stanley, Janet and the kids are going to come down for Easter on Friday and they plan on staying until Wednesday and David is going to be here around the first of the month and Rich said that he would come and help whenever we needed it.

No comments: