Sunday, March 2, 2008

Very busy month...

Today ended up being a really good day but I had my doubts.  Last night and this morning I was fighting myself trying to decide if I should get up and go to Santa Cruz or just stay in bed.  On Friday evening I started getting a really bad sore throat, so bad it was really hard to sleep.  Saturday morning and all day it was there but not as strong but Sunday evening came back really strong and was accompanied by itchy ears and an itchy nose.  I had some coffee and some banana bread and I decided to just go and do it.  If I did not make myself go I would not get progress pictures of the granite and the cupboards.  Today is my Aunt Kathy's birthday so we stopped by at a bakery by the House and got an apple cake, it was delicious.  After we checked out the progress on the new house we went to a fabric store and picked out some fabric or a quilt that Terrie is going to make me, she does such a beautiful job.  I have one of the first ones that she made and I LOVE it.  I had it on my wall for a while but to get down to wash it because it was getting dusty and never put it back up.  She also got the material to make a quilt for my mom.  On the way back we were trying to figure out a place to eat that we could bring our dogs so we stopped in Los Gatos at a burger place.  While we were there I must've counted 20 dogs walking around, it's such a nice relaxed place.  I was sitting or eating my hamburger remembering when I used to cruise through that town almost 15 years ago... maybe a little bit longer.  My aunt and uncle had an appliance store on North Santa Cruz Avenue called Los Gatos Appliance.  We used to hang around there all the time and I remember once a year they had a huge sidewalk sale where every business would have stuff out front and you just cruise the sidewalks and shop.  They still own the building but now it is Williams Sonoma.  The town has really changed a lot but it is still really the same.

When I was in high school I worked at Baskin Robbins, I think that's pretty much where everybody at Los Gatos High School worked at one time or another.  The owner obviously didn't trust a bunch of teenagers so he would sit across the street in his car in an empty parking lot and watch as any really thought that we did not know.  I look back at high school and have really fond memories.  I wasn't really popular but a friend that I had a really good longtime friends, most of them I knew since I went to Loma Prieta and C. T. English.  I loved growing up in the Santa Cruz Mountains.

I think tomorrow I'm just going to stay in bed and rest and hopefully none of my caregivers will be sick.  Kelly is going to be here on Wednesday and the baby shower for Luana is going to be here on Saturday and I have no idea what we are going to do.

No comments: