Sunday, March 30, 2008

A weekend with my brothers and my cousin...

We went out to eat at Holders Country Inn and then went shopping at Wal-Mart and lucky.  Last night David made this KILLER desert, it was a peach cobbler.  Both of my brothers turned out to be really good cooks, I don't know what happened to me although it works out really well because I love to eat.

Stanley and Richard showed up this morning at 8 a.m., David was already here.  They brought down my mom's computer, the birds and some of my mom stuff and they're packing everything up in the U-Haul getting ready to take it to Santa Cruz and put it in the garage.  This is the first time that Stanley has seen my new house and David has not seen it since it was framed.  Aunt Kathy just called to tell me that Cassie, the girl that's going to do my evening care when I moved to Santa Cruz, is going to take some EMT,CPR and other nursing courses that will help her.  I think it is going to work out really great and I am excited.  They are making spaghetti for the boys, I know they will be hungry after loading and unloading my moms stuff.

This is the last day that my brothers will be here, the last day is always a little sad but it is always great to see them.  They got the rest of my mom's sheds cleaned out and now they are working on the last of the stuff that's in the House.  The cleaners are coming tomorrow and then it will be ready for the new owners before this weekend. They really look like they are tired and I'm sure they will be glad to get home and back to their old routine.

Tomorrow is going to be a nice relaxing day my mom is going to play cards which always makes her feel good and I think I'm just going to stay in bed and relax.  It's usually a little hard to get up on Mondays because although Madonna comes in at 7 a.m. the massage therapist doesn't come in until 8:30 a.m. and because I have a lot of packing still left to do.  I'm not even going to plan and moving until the end of May.

 Itlo
oks like everything on the inside of the house is finished but they still have to tear up the driveway and repave and I don't know if the bank will sign it off until we do some landscaping.  They really are making everything as difficult as possible for a sign off the house.

No comments: