Thursday, April 3, 2008

A couple days off...

This morning I took a long, hot bath and then went back to bed.  I have been laying on my side for three days because of a pressure sore.  For some reason when I lay on my side my body just does not agree with it.  Every muscle that I can feel in my arms and my neck are sore, I guess because when I lay on my side to use a whole different set of muscles.  For today I'm sitting straight up in bed and then I will be back on my side again for the weekend.  I wish I could find the magic secret to never getting a pressure sore but it just seems like no matter how careful I am I always seem to get one.

It probably could have something to do with the fact that the cushion on my chair is about six or seven years old.  that he finally called me the other day and told me what my share of the costs of my new wheelchair will be so now they are in the process of putting it together.  I'm sure that once I get my new chair I won't be getting as many pressure sores... in a perfect world.

No comments: