Saturday, April 19, 2008

Santa Cruz tomorrow...

I think I already mentioned this but here I go again... one of the last time my brother and his boys visited we went to go pick out the fans for the new house.  After we left Lamps Plus we were going to go eat at a place next door called Kings Buffet, as soon as I walked in the door I instantly recognize the look from the guy seating everybody.  He told me that I would have to leave my dog in the car.  I told him it was not a dog it was a service animal and she could go anywhere but he said no, it is too crowded and she cannot come in here.  My first instinct is to stay there and work through the humiliation and make it easier for the next person who comes in with the service animal but my family was there, everybody was hungry and I can smell Chinese food which my mom does not like anyway.  We decided to go across the street to Chili's.  It is unbelievable that we ended up at Chili's because we ran into two of the nicest lady's I have met for a long time.  We talked to them for a while while we were waiting for a table and one of the ladies gave me her card.  She works for a travel agency but is really involved in the Lions Club which is a big part of the Canine Companions for Independence.  She is so willing and eager to help me get a new canine companion, she really is a remarkable lady.  I really feel that we ended up at Chili's to meet her.

I think Brodie has lost a really good part of hearing.  I took her to the lake yesterday and although she really had a good time I was afraid of letting her off of her leash because she kept wandering off and couldn't hear me, my family keeps telling me that it's like all other kids... selective hearing.

Tomorrow Rosie is going to drive my mom and I to see our finished place in Santa Cruz and I at SO excited.  It is finally totally done and I can't wait to see it.  Charlie is going to meet us there and my aunt and uncle will be there.  We made plans to go to The Wooden Nickel in Watsonville after I hope that Charlie chooses to go with us, usually he doesn't.  I haven't been able to talk to them for a while because my phone has not been working, I finally got it fixed on Friday.  As much as I do not like the telephone I sure missed it.  Usually Charlie calls me once or twice during the week to let me know the progress and so we can catch up on everything that's going on.  I hope I can sleep tonight because I am REALLY excited.

No comments: