Monday, April 21, 2008

Unbelievable...

Wow, every time I see the progress on my new house it just blew me away.  I swear Charlie, the contractor, thinks of EVERYTHING.  Instead of a wooden ramp and made it out of concrete and made the surface rough so there will be no slighting.  I think pretty much the only thing left to do is the railing and the landscaping.  On our way home we stopped by Charlie and Terrie's to see the plants that they had at their house that they were thinking would work for me, I'd really liked them and so did my mom.  We had a really nice visit, haven't done that for a long time and it felt great.  I tried to talk them into going to lunch with us and Terrie was all for it but Charlie have a lot of work to do, one of these days I'm going to try to lunch with us.

After we checked out the house and took pictures we went to my uncle and aunt's favorite place to eat, The Wooden Nickel.  They meet the group there every Friday so when my aunt called they were glad to hold a table for us.  As usual the food was AWESOME and there was way too much to eat.  I had fish and rice pilaf, it was hard to choose between chips and rice pilaf because their french fries are the best.  They also bring you, with every order, some kind of seasonal fruit, a pickle, a small bowl of coleslaw and a piece of chocolate cake... easily a meal for two days. Rosie and my aunt had the skirt steak and my mom and my uncle had the club in which, nobody was disapointed.  I had a bite of Rosie's skirt steak and I think eight most of my uncle french fries and came home with enough food for lunch today, I'm hungry just thinking about it.

No comments: