Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bad week...

This is turning out to be not such a good week.  On Saturday my aunt ended up in the hospital with heart palpitations, apparently it has been going on for quite some time, my neighbor across the street has shingles and can not go to work for a while, my neighbor to the right of me, Heather, threw out her back and I am stuck in bed for a couple of days because of pressure sores... they say when it rains it pours.

Today I've met my new massage therapists.  It has been about a month and my neck, shoulders and arms are really feeling it.  She is a Friend of Autumn's, from across the street.  She is a really neat lady and really made me feel comfortable, a huge plus when you're getting a massage.

Heather came by today to take inventory and throw out the stuff in the refrigerator that looks like a science Project.  There was a lot of stuff left over from the house warming and she is going to incorporate what she can into meals for the next couple of days and go shopping for a few other things, she is so creative and I cannot wait to see what she whips up.

All of the sudden in the last couple of days I'm having a really hard time trying to get Brodie to take her pills.  I know that she has a lot, especially since her ear infection, but she just has to take them.  Peanut butter worked for a long time but now she's just refusing to take it so we tried meatballs and she will take it a lot better but later on in the evening she gets sick and throws up.  She takes two Benadryls, two fish pills, three antibiotic pills and a hip and joint pill not to mention the ear drops.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Brodie!  No wonder she throws up ... I wouldn't want to take that many pills.  

Glad you've got the massages starting up again.  I don't have them as often as I used to but I still treat myself now and again.  

Anonymous said...

Hope Brodie can adjust :o(

Anonymous said...

my husband has good luck giving our corgi meds when he has to take them with hollowing out a little hole in a bagel piece, stick the pill in it, close it back up and give it to Koda quickly (of course it helps since he is food driven); usually he chews it so quickly he has no idea the pill is there

hoping next week will be better for you and your family and friends

(I'm going to be offline for a few days since I have company coming in so I'll catch up with you next week)

betty