Thursday, June 26, 2008

Santa Cruz just keeps getting better...

Another great day in Santa Cruz California.  I got up this morning and decided to go see if the lagoon was open and it still isn't and it doesn't really say when it's going to open again.  I went to the 7-11 on the corner to see if they had  little cans of cat food so I can't crush up all of Brodie's pills and hide them, it worked like a charm, she didn't even have a clue.

I came back and my mom, my aunt and I went through a couple of boxes in the garage and of course got rid of most of it.  We decided to go through a couple of boxes every day until they are gone which will probably take several months.

While we were cleaning out the garage we could smell something wonderful.  Heather was in the kitchen cooking up a few meals because she's usually pretty busy on Fridays and Saturdays.  She made talipa with pesto sauce, avocado and feta cheese AND roasted bell peppers with artichoke hearts and onions AND white kidney beans with spinach, it tasted as wonderful as it smelled, how did I get so lucky?

The massage therapist came back at 8:00 p.m., what a perfect time to get a massage.  After the massage I am so relaxed I just feel like nothing could go wrong.  I forgot to warn her about my supra pubic tube, a catheter that goes straight into my bladder just under my belly button, and she sat on it and it came undone, I was really embarrassed and apologize but she was really cool about it.  She just picked up the end and said "is this supposed to be plugged in somewhere?"  The massage therapist I had in San Jose and I ended up talking pretty much through the whole session but this one likes everything to be quiet except for some soft music, much more relaxing.  She is a super neat lady.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being selected as one of the Guest Editor's Picks!  Your entries amazed me.  You are a very strong person.

Hugs, Rose

Anonymous said...

Hello, just stopping by via Guest Editor picks. Your strength and grace under difficult conditions are obvious.

All my best,
Beth

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being guest editor's pic!! I decided to stop by and say hello. You can visit me anytime at my journal called "struggling with my life' I have to warn you though sometimes I am not exactly optimistic although I try to be. ....hugs, Christine