Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Fix the van AGAIN...

Yesterday we were on our way to San Jose... do you know the way to San Jose... after I got into the van we could not close the door, my van has been going downhill for a long time.  The cable for the ramp broke about two months ago so we have to manually put down the hydraulic ramp.  My uncle has a friend who is a welder, NOBODY else would Weld it because of liability but he said that he would, he is such a neat man.  He took my van to his shop yesterday and call the couple hours later and said that it was fixed, every time I get my van fixed I get so excited, it's like getting a new van over and over.

Today I get my new dryer.  My dryer is about six years old and just hasn't seemed to dry anything but when we have the repair man come out he said there was nothing wrong with it.  Another expense that really didn't need right now but what are you can I do?

We're going to head to San Jose tomorrow morning to try and separate the things in the old place into what we are going to bring and what we are going to donate, we were going to have a yard sale but that sounds like a lot of trouble and right now we just want our lives to get back to normal... whatever normal is.

Janet and Corinne are going to come tomorrow afternoon to help sort stuff out they will stay until Friday.  I can't wait to take them to the Thai restaurant for the bubble tea, green tea milkshake with tapioca balls in the bottom.

I finally got a hold of Dan the computer man from Multimedia Max and he fixed my telephone AND programmed a couple of buttons for open sesame to install the automatic doors.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he was able to weld the van.  Sometimes I am glad when someone asks me to do something no one else will do for them; not glad no one will, but pleased I can be of assistance.  I don't see it as their asking a favor so much as their conferring a privilege upon me.
~Mary

Anonymous said...

that's great a lot of things seemed to get fixed like your van and your computer problems you were having; that was neat of your uncle's friend to weld that for you; too bad no one else made the effort before hand to do so

I'm with you about garage sales; if I have the time to do one, I like to have one, but if I want the stuff gone and done with, its better for me just to donate to others who could use it

have a safe trip

betty

Anonymous said...

Glad you have your telephone back again.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Mary ... if I can help out, I feel so honored that someone would ask ...
funny how that works!

I guess you could look at things this way ... at least with all the hubbub of moving and things breaking, you're not bored.  ;)