Thursday, June 5, 2008

Finishing touches...

People are always asking me if I can feel hunger or if I can tell when I'm full, I have been trying to figure that out for a while now.  I don't know if I think I'm hungry because I smell food because I happen to notice what time it is.  I think that I do feel full because there is some days when I can eat forever and other days I take a couple of bites and I cannot eat anymore.

Yesterday was very frustrating.  It was only the second day that I have gotten into my new wheelchair and it is just really uncomfortable but I don't know what to do about it.  I had my old one for so long I pretty much know what to do to make myself comfortable in it.  I know that the armrests on my new chair or too low and the back of the chair was not straight so I felt like I was leaning back.  I tried to not think about it and pretend that it did not bother me, everybody kept telling me that I just need to get used to it.  This morning when Christina came in I was telling her about it and she said" let me take a look at it".  The next thing I know she has the armrests moved up and the backrest straight up and down, I am so excited and very impressed.  I think she is going to work out great.

David and Deziree left this morning.  We got everything done, and I think a little more, that we had planned.  It's always sad to see them go but they will be back in a couple of weeks for the housewarming party.

It looks like my mom and I are going to Modesto on Saturday for David's graduation.  I was a little bit worried about the heat but hopefully it won't be that bad.

My cousin Rich is finishing up putting up drapes and they look GREAT.  It really looked like they were professionally done... what my talking about, they were.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that you were able to get quick adjustments and not suffer through the discomfort.

Anonymous said...

so glad you got your wheelchair adjusted; before I read that Christina adjusted it, I was going to suggest to check with your doctor or physical therapy or something to get it to be more comfortable for you

betty

Anonymous said...

I'm SO glad Christina was able to get your new chair situated just right for you.  Well meaning folks might say, 'you'll get used to it' without taking into consideration that it's not as if you are uncomfortable in the driver's seat of a new car.  I'm glad you found a way and that Christina is working out for you.

Michelle